Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Than A Game


By: Guido

Brian Urlacher showed up to take part in his first voluntary workout on Thursday and the Bears couldn't be happier. Urlacher is looking to get a new contract because the 9 year deal he signed back in 2002 is out-dated.

Yet, there are still some grumblings among fans. But to tell you the truth, I don't give a crap how many more millions of dollars the Bears have to give Urlacher to make him happy. He is arguably the best player on the team.

Contracts don't cross my mind when I watch the games on Sundays. I just want to watch my team win. I want to watch my favorite players succeed on the field. That's what being a fan is all about.

Yeah, to some people it is just a sport with a bunch of high paid jerkoffs who have drug and drinking problems, don't pay child support, and that one guy who killed his ex-wife. But to the guys who take the field, it's a job.

No matter what your profession is, you want to be paid what you think your worth. Now is Urlacher worth the new deal? Maybe not down to the very last penny. But, then again, the guy down at McDonalds isn't worth what he is getting paid. Though, as long as he doesn't spit in my McDouble Greasy, he can have is 8 bucks an hour

No comments: