Wednesday, June 25, 2008

All-Star, Schmall-Star

By: Harvey

I hate the All-Star Game.

You see, the problem with the MLB All-Star Game is the fans get to vote on it. Most of them don't know shit. They vote with their hearts and not with their brains. They vote for power hitters instead of guys who draw walks, hit behind runners and play good defense. They vote for their favorite players, not the ones who truly deserve to be there. Some people simply vote only for players on their favorite team. Jerks.

I know, I know. It's an exhibition. In the end, it's about the fans seeing the players they want to see. Well, screw them. That's why I hate it. The average fan cannot appreciate a truly good baseball game.

Me, I want to see two teams stocked with the very best players go head-to-head. I want to see a great game...the very best baseball has to offer. When we let the fans vote on the starters and then mandate that every team be represented, it starts to become a farce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even more so when an injured player is leading his position in votes