Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Matt Serra: New York Idiot



By: Guido

“We don’t like each other. We don’t like each other at all,” Matt Serra said. “I can’t wait for the camp for it. I can’t wait for that fight. That’s something I’m going to put my heart and soul into.”

This is a quote by former UFC Welterwight champ Matt Serra as told to mmaweekly.com

I'm having trouble understanding the last sentence. "That's something I'm going to put my heart and sould into." Matt is describing his feelings about training for his upcoming showdown with UFC legend Matt Hughes. Both fighters have a strong dislike for each other and that's putting it lightly.

But for Serra to say that he will put his "heart and soul" into traing is ridiculous. That's like Ryan Dempster saying he was going to work his butt off in the offseason to contend in the Cubs starting rotation. That's what your supposed to do. You should always do your best in whatever profession you are in and yet these guys admit that maybe they don't.

It shows when it comes to Matt Serra. His official MMA record is at 9 wins and 5 losses. If Matt really wants to be considered at the top of the welterweight division then he may want to look to train for every fight as if he's facing Matt Hughes. Untill then we can consider his one year title reign(in which he didn't fight at all) a fluke.

Did I mention he is from Long Island. Again with the New York thing. That's one reason he is an idiot.

No comments: