Friday, July 4, 2008

The Watch List 2.0: Geo Soto



By: Guido

Let me just make it clear and simple as to why Cubs catcher Geovany Soto is on my Watch List.

As a rookie, Rafael Palmeiro hit 14 dingers with the Cubs back in 1987. That set the club record for rookie homers in a season. Now, what was it that Rafael tested positive for a couple years ago? Oh yeah, now I remember.

Well, in Friday's game against the Redbirds, Soto hit is 14th homer run and it's only July. I'm just sayin'. Either Soto is a beast and is going to be one of the best hitting catchers of all time or he is juicing. Just to be on the saem side, I'm betting that he gets injured in a couple years and never realizes his full potential. Of course, this is going to happen after he signs a big contract with the Cubbies. It will then be so hard to move him that only the Pirates will want him. Yes, I am sure the Pirates will still suck ass in a couple years.

No comments: