Tuesday, August 12, 2008

News and Views

By: Guido

I know the D-Bags needed another outfielder and Adam Dunn is a fine player. All I'm sayin is that Chris Young k's alot. Adam Dunn k's alot. Hey, whatever. If it works out then good for them. I hope it doesn't. Though, they will be getting Justin Upton back very soon.

It really stinks that Evan Longoria's name is so close to Eva's. It also blows that he has a broken wrist. It's gonna be tough for Tampa to keep a strong lead over Boston and New York with both Crawford and Longoria on the DL. No, I'm not jumping off the Tampa Bay bandwagon. As a matter of fact, I was never on it. The only reason they get my cheers is that I hate NY and I'm sick of the Bosox. Maybe the Rays should have traded for Adam Dunn.

Bernie Mack is dead. Now before you get all upset, let me tell you why this is a good thing. During game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, Bernie sang the seventh inning stretch. During the song he substituted "root for the Cubbies" with "root for the champs, CHAMPS". No, I don't consider myself as superstitious as some baseball fans but you should never crown someone or team as "Champions" if they have yet to become so. Remember when Dennis Green said to "crown their ass"? Yeah, how did that work out? One should never prematurely proclaim a champion, especially in Chicago.

No comments: