Monday, September 22, 2008

Week Three NFL Observations

By: Harvey

Has it really been over a week since either one of us posted on here? No excuse, I know...but Guido and I are actually busy guys. Or totally whipped by our ladies. Yeah. That's it.

Anyway, the Patriots got their asses handed to them by the Dolphins(!). How in the world does that happen? Last I checked, Tom Brady doesn't play defense...so it's sort of hard to blame 38 Miami points on his knee injury. Perhaps my earlier assertion that the Pats would be okay without Mr. Giselle Bundchen was incorrect. Perhaps they weren't going to be that great even if he was around.

I'm sure this'll end up being about him somehow, though. He tends to be the focus on Patriots talk. Why wouldn't he be? He's such a stud, he actually had his fill of BRIDGET MOYNAHAN and moved on. I wouldn't have thought such a feat possible unless I'd actually seen it done.

Speaking of impossible feats, the Colts are 1-2. So are the Bears, but let's not focus on them. Let's focus on the Colts. Who are 1-2. One win, two losses. Thank you Josh Scobee, by the way. You're a big part of why the Colts are 1-2. 1-2! Ha!

The Colts haven't started a season this badly since they went 0-3 (and 0-4 the next week) in 1998. That was Peyton Manning's first year. They went 3-13 that season. God willing, this season will go that badly. Not that I have anything against the Colts or anything like that.

No matter how much I dislike the Cowboys, they're the real deal and I don't really think anybody else in the NFL has anything on them. They should be everybody's pick to win it all. They may not get it done, but anybody who picks somebody else is absolutely delusional or letting their judgment be clouded by some sort of personal bias. Let's face it, the odds are squarely in the Cowboys' favor at this point. They're damn good. Of course, ask the Patriots how that worked out last year.

Did I mention the Colts are 1-2?

The only good part about the Cowboys winning last night was that they did it against the Packers. Chicago needs all the help it can get in the NFC North, which believe it or not I think is still a winnable division. Unless you're the Lions. They flat-out suck. Matt Millen must give a terrific BJ, because I can't fathom any other skill the man could possibly possess that allows him to hold onto his job.

Of course, no team blows quite as hard as the Rams. I'm not sure of the last time a team managed to go 0-16, but after this season the last time will be 2008. Book it.

One more thing. The Colts are 1-2. Damn do they suck.

No comments: