Sunday, September 7, 2008

NFL Opening Day Observations

By: Harvey

Only about an hour until the Bears and Colts kick it off tonight. Even though every bit of common sense inside me tells me this is going to be a long season for Chicago...I can hardly stand the anticipation.

I've watched some football already today, of course. Brett Favre looked solid, even though I would've loved the opportunity to say otherwise. I still don't see the Jets as a playoff team, though.

Jon "10 Games" Kitna and the Lions lost to Atlanta and rookie quarterback Matt Ryan. Not that Ryan had much to do with it, other than not turning the ball over and giving the ball to Michael Turner. Turner was a beast, running for 220 yards. Kitna also didn't have a bad day, but fuck him anyway.

The Cowboys are tough. I hate seeing T.O. play well, but he did. I love seeing Tony Romo (fellow EIU alum) play well, and he did. Watch out for Felix Jones. He looked awesome running the ball, although he looked awesomely bad when he got plowed on a blocking assignment. As a result, Romo had to hurry a throw for his only pick of the day in the Cleveland end zone.

Tom Brady hurt his knee and came out for the Patriots. If he's hurt badly, the Pats still win 10-12 games without him. No sweat.

Vince Young also left the Titans' game with a knee injury. If he's hurt badly, the Titans still win 3-4 games without him. No sweat.

Carolina mismanaged the clock horribly late in their two-minute drill, but still beat the Chargers 25-24 on the last play of the game. Shawne Merriman, who is a total douche bag for playing and will be hurt and out for the season within six weeks, apparently made it through the game.

Guido should be here at my house as we speak to watch the Bears game, but instead he went to Indiana to watch it. Not Indianapolis. Just Indiana. I'll let him explain himself later.

No comments: