Monday, September 8, 2008

Indiana Tried To Ruin My Weekend, Failed

By: Guido

I'm a big time MMA fan and I haven't missed a UFC PPV in quite a while. UFC 88 was the first in a long time and I'm glad it happened.

Avenue Cable in Vincennes, Indiana is joke of a company. If you want to order a PPV, you must let them know during the week(7a.m.-7p.m.). You can't just pick up the remote and click order like you can with all the other cable companies. So, in that instance, fuck Avenue.

So, after I finished complaining to the Avenue people I got on the net and searched until I found a website that was streaming the fight live. It was shitty quality and would sometimes freeze and the come back on with the audio off track. The fights still sucked regardless of video quality. Right before the Hamill/Franklin match the website went down. Franklin won in what was probably the best fight of the card.

It came back on for the Chuck Liddell/Rashad Evans match. What a joke. That damn Rashad Evans, in all his showboating ways, caught Chuck with a lucky shot. It was a lot like the punch that Rampage caught Chuck with last summer. I know I wasn't the only person disappointed because not a sound could be heard at the Phillips arena.

As it turns out, I was glad I didn't drop $45 to watch that card. Well, Avenue, you tried to ruin my night and you failed miserably. Kiss my ass you Colts Fans.

No comments: