Monday, January 5, 2009

Eli > Peyton

By: Harvey

It was brought to my attention by one of our many(?) loyal readers that Peyton Manning was recently named the NFL MVP. This was after I claimed his brother Eli was now the best quarterback in the family.

I'm not wrong. Eli is still the better of the two. When he has Super Bowl ring No. 2 on his finger in a few weeks, I think that'll settle the debate. After all, it's all about winning titles, right? Peyton never could get it done (except for the fluke year known as 2006), and Eli is going to have it done twice in a much smaller time frame.

Peyton will always be No. 1 in terms of selling out, however. The man is a commercial whore. Using a real whore as a basis of comparison, you'd have to use a baseball bat to get any friction on Peyton...and I don't care if we're talking front or rear entry, people. Also, I want it to be clear I'm talking about a 2-3/4" barrel, not a 2-5/8".

Of course, five years from now, we'll be talking about Kyle Orton polishing his third or fourth MVP award. It's only a matter of time before people realize that the Bearded One is truly a god amonst men.

No comments: