Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday Notes and News

By: Clay

I will not be watching the game tonight. For one, I'm in the process of moving so I wont have tv access and two, I'm not too interested. It would be a different story had the Bears made it. Doesn't mean I won't have it on the DVR. I think the Steelers will pull it out in a high scoring affair tonight. I don't really care who wins.

Jim Edmonds signed a minor league deal with a spring training invite with the Cardinals. I expect him to make their 25 man roster where he will back up Lance Berkman. Hopefully the Cards end up trading Colby Rasmus...to the Cubs.

Robert Cook is one of those old fellers from the "Never Miss a Super Bowl Club". Guess what? He is gonna miss this years game AND he is a Packers fan. The only reason a person should ever want to go to the Super Bowl is if their team is playing. Otherwise it is pointless in my opinion. Let a fan of one of the two teams have your ticket. Don't be so selfish. Watching at home on tv provides a better viewing experience anyway. Do they even go for the actual games or the festivities? Seriously, doesn't that sound a bit gay? "Oh I'm so upset that I'm missing all the pageantry and marketing that is the Super Bowl and halftime show". Now, isn't this kind of obsessive-compulsive behavior? Is that the right description? They don't want to break their streaks because of how they will feel if they DON'T go. That's craziness right there. Over the course of a lifetime, what does it mean to go to every Super Bowl? I love Taco Bell but I don't feel compelled to eat every thing they invent. I can't speak for Whitey though. I think I have an idea. The "I've Eaten Everything Taco Bell Has To Offer Club".

No comments: