Friday, February 11, 2011

Double-Amputee Cut From HS Team

By: Clay

I read this story on Deadspin the other day. Here's what I think.

He shouldn't make the team just because he is handicapped. The best players should make the team. Isn't it the handicap community that just wants to be treated like everyone else? Like they are "normal"? Well, congratulations to you then. Not everyone can make a High School baseball team. This is life. What is more normal than being told the you aren't good enough?

I'm not saying that the kid can't play ball. Apparently the coaches' concern is that the kid can't field his position. Sure that could be a concern for a starting pitcher but less so for a mop up guy.

I'm just saying, if it were my team and he wasn't one of the best to fill a roster spot, then I'd cut him.

No comments: