Thursday, June 2, 2011

He's Baaaaaaaack!

By: Clay

"The thing is to break the bat, not your leg" - Carlos Zambrano

"I told him that next time you're frustrated, just come and whack me upside the head" - Mike Quade

(sliding his hand toward the barrel) "If you go here, I may end up on the DL" - Zambrano

"I'd like not to see that be a regular occurrence" - Quade



I was the best player on my 2004 MVP Baseball PS2 game. Granted, I was a created player but the 2004 Cubs were stacked. So it surprised me when the team failed to make the playoffs and my first franchise season. It was like my teammates just decided to give up because I was so bad ass. I wasn't Lance Becker "badd ass" and hitting 100 homers with 300 RBI's in a season, as he did on his game (with the Cardinals), but I was still good.

This has to be how Zambrano feels. Besides Dempster, Big Z is the only one who can stay healthy. Unlike Dempster and the rest of the pitching staff, Zambrano is the only one who can pitch well consistently. With regards to Darwin Barney and Starlin Castro, Z is the only consistent hitter.

Dana Barrett: You know, you don't act like a pitcher.
Carlos Zambrano: They're usually pretty stiff.
Dana Barrett: You're more like a game show host.

I like that he is showing some emotion while still holding back his other personality, the "Bringer of Destruction", crazy Venezuelan Uncle Carlos.

Look, as long as Zambrano keeps playing well, the Cubs will more than likely trade him. Big Z has been my favorite Cub for a long time but Ricketts and Hendry need to move him to free up some salary for this coming offseason. But who would take him you ask? The Bronx.

Winston Zeddemore: Hey, wait a minute. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! Hold it! Now, are we actually gonna go before a federal judge, and tell him that some moldy Babylonian god is going to drop in on Central Park West, and start tearing up the city?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Venezuelan, not Babylonian.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Big difference.
Winston Zeddemore: No offense, guys, but I've gotta get my own lawyer.


Yes, look out New York, Big Z may be coming your way. And who knows Z better than his old pitching coach Larry "The Sloth" Rothschild.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, Gatorade coolers...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

And finally, to wrap up my feelings on trading some pieces of this 2011 Chicago Cubs Team...

Dr Ray Stantz: I think we'd better split up.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Good idea.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah... we can do more damage that way

No comments: