Saturday, March 5, 2011

More From the Wacky World of Chael Sonnen


By: Clay

This Chael Sonnen excerpt is taken from Fighters Only. Bring the pain, Chael!

"I happen to know, from one of my very highly-placed sources at the UFC, that Michael Bisping's 'goodwill account' is seriously overdrawn with the company. He's on very thin ice wearing really sharp skates, if you know what I mean. So, there are only TWO possible outcomes for him: He can fight me, or he can get released," Sonnen stated.

"He needs to fight me to keep his job. But...and this is a big but...I don't have to fight Michael Bisping to keep my job. If I decide not to fight him, they'll set me up with some other contender I can ridicule, then pound into fine powder. But Bisping's got me, or he's gone. I hold the "whip hand" in this deal; so if he wants to feed his family without going on the 'dole', he better apologize."

"Spitting on Jorge Rivera's cornermen brought disgrace to himself, to the sport, and to all fighters, me included. That's why, first and foremost, Michael Bisping owes me an apology," Sonnen said.

"Once he agrees to do that, I'll decide what form his apology should take. I may want a singing apology. I may want him to choreograph and perform a little "apology dance". I may make him kiss my ring like I'm the Pope, or kneel before me like I'm the King and he's being knighted. I'm not sure what I'll decide on...but he does owe me an apology."

God damn that Chael Sonnen is one crazy rascal. If there's one guy who knows how to sell a fight, it's The Rock. But if there's another guy, it's Chael Sonnen. If this fight does happen, it could possibly be a middleweight title contenders match.

No comments: