Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Say My Name

By: Guido

There's a phrase that circulates the sports media outlets that makes me sick every time I hear it.

"This is a guy..." or "Here is a guy..."

Why can't you just say the players name? Why do you have to say, for example, "This is a guy who scores ten points a game"? Wouldn't it sound better to say "Sherman/He scores ten points a game"? Why the fuck do all these so-called sports analyst say this phrase? I think it makes them sound incredibly stupid. Listen to NFL Sunday Countdown. Those dip shits say it every five seconds.

It's the equivalent of saying "I know, right?" after agreeing with someone. Which, by the way, makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. You're questioning the fact that you agree or concur with the previous statement in your conversation.

"Josh Hancock played for the St. Louis Cardinals."
"Here is a guy who is dead. I mean, when it comes to being a rotted corpse, this is a guy who you want in your bullpen."
"I know, right?"

No comments: