Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm hearing rumors...

By: Harvey

Word on the street is the NBA All-Star Game is this weekend. I think somebody said it was Sunday. I wouldn't know, honestly, because I don't give a shit. The only thing worse than an NBA game is an NBA all-star game. I myself am a big fan of real basketball, so I guess I'll take a pass.

Speaking of things not to give a good god damn about, I saw where Brett Favre re-announced his retirement again the other day. Good for you, Brett. Now please go away. You aren't good anymore, you said it yourself. Please resist the temptation when some NFL team starts burning up your phone line in August. It will be a mistake, much like wearing a Jets uniform. Really, Brett. The Jets? Christ.

If Guido or myself really wanted to have a great Web site, one of us probably would've gone off on A-Rod a few more times by now. I just can't make myself put any effort into it. He's turned out to be just another shithead ruining the greatest game ever, but it only makes him part of the majority. It's depressing, but it also isn't going to stop me from springing for the Extra Innings package on the dish here in a couple months.

Guido hit the Michael Phelps topic pretty well. Much like every other mediocre working-class pudsmack out there, I can't help but figure if I had it made like Phelps, I wouldn't pull such a head-up-your-ass move. I'd probably lock myself in my house with a lifetime supply of Chex Mix, Bud Light and nudie mags. Of course, as you watch celebrity (and Phelps is more of a celebrity than athlete, regardless of his freakish physical abilities) after celebrity act like an asshole and put his/her career in jeopardy, you start to wonder if it is really even possible to "have it made" and still act like you have a fucking brain. Maybe it's not so bad being a regular guy, after all.

No comments: