Friday, November 7, 2008

NCAA > NBA

By: Harvey

I'm not one of these jackoffs that claims to dislike the NBA because the league is full of "thugs" and "punks"...which is lame white man code for "negroes", by the way. If the league was 90 percent white, these guys wouldn't be saying that horseshit. Of course, if the league was 90 percent white, it wouldn't be worth a shit, either.

That doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy the league, because I certainly don't. Don't ask me to explain it, but if there is college and pro basketball being televised at the same time...I'm gonna go with the college game every time.

I don't know exactly what it is about college basketball that gets a hold of me the way pro ball can't. One of those unexplainable things in the universe, I guess. Right up there with Stonehenge and Michael Jackson.

I also see that Mark Cuban has essentially been ruled out as a possible buyer of the Chicago Cubs. I know there are a lot of Cubs fans who wanted this, because the guy has proven in Dallas that he will spend whatever it takes to get the guys he wants.

That's all well and good, but where the hell has it ever gotten the Mavericks? Cubs fans want to end this whole 100-year thing, right? Plus, it's not as if being outspent is much of a problem for the Scrubby Bears. They have the seventh-highest payroll in baseball, after all. Over 118 million smackers in play this last year.

Mark Cuban may have all the money in the world, but you can't pay off a curse. Curses just don't give a damn about your money. They say fuck your money! They say fuck you! Muahhahahahahaha!!!

Seriously, though. This is no surprise. Baseball owners are a good ol' boys club, and they don't want a notorious jag-bag like Mark Cuban hurting their pristine image. These are the same guys who turned a blind eye to steroids and charge a family of four something like $2000 to come watch a game from 17 rows up in the left field bleachers, after all. They have standards.

No comments: