Saturday, November 15, 2008

Couture/Lesnar

By: Guido

Tonight. Tonight. Tonight. Oooooh. Ooooooh.

Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar face off for the UFC heavyweight title tonight at UFC 91. Its going to be bad ass. Its hard to say how the fight will turn out. I would like to see Couture win but Lesnar is such a big SOB that it may end up not being much of a fight. Either way, the UFC should break ppv buy numbers.

I agree with Harvey. If I had to choose between pro basketball and college, I'd take college any day of the week. However, I find neither to be much more exciting or arousing than watching two bull dykes in a sideways sloppy joe eating contest.

I went to an Illini hockey game last night... Let me just say, I had hockey all wrong. It is by far the most exciting sport to watch live. Not to mention the Illini are the defending National Champions and a bunch of bad ass mother fuckers. After every Illini goal, the fans would chant "It's all your fault" at the other teams goalie. Then they would chant "you suck" at the other teams players. If you have yet to attend an Illini hockey game, then get off your ass and go.

After Bad Rex starred in last weeks game, which did not feature a cameo from Good Rex or Sexy Rexy, Lovie has decided to start Orton. I know that this is an important game against a division rival but I just hope Orton isn't being rushed back.
Bears 48 Packers 30

And finally gang, it seems that the Yankees are ready to continue throwing around big wads of cash to buy the best players yet again. But will it be enough to dethrone the Rays? I doubt it. They may be able to buy the best players, but they can't buy the best team players. I predict Tampa to repeat in the AL East.

I am also predicting that by next season trading deadline you will see Matt Holliday in a St. Louis Cardinals jersey. I also predict that when the Yankees overpay for CC Sabathia, then teams will overpay for Kerry Wood and Ryan Dempster. At least we know the Cubs will only make that mistake with one of those guys.

No comments: