Wednesday, October 7, 2009

2009 MLB Playoff Preview

By: Guido

Colorado Rockies vs Philadelphia Phillies
I believe in Rocktober, therefore I am taking the Rockies in 5 games. Philly finished the season just one game better than the Rockies and both teams have playoff experience with the Rockies losing in the world series in 2007 and the Phillies winning it all last season. The wild card for this series is Brad Lidge. Lidge could blow this series for the Phillies if he plays.

St. Louis Cardinals
vs LA Dodgers
My pure hatred for the Cardinals won't allow me to pick them to win this series, even if I believed they could. The Cardinals have a better 1-2 combo with Carpenter and Wainwright but the Dodgers have the bigger bats. Plus, we saw last year how the stud Cubs pitchers fared against the Dodgers free swingers. I'm taking LA in 4. 3 if Manny shows up.

Boston Red Sox vs Anaheim Angels
Angels in 5. I'm tired of Boston. Every game in this series will probably end with one team winning by 6 or more runs. It will not be very competitive. I just have this feeling.

Minnesota Twins vs NY Yankees
Twins in 5. I'm not too high on either teams pitching. I'd like to think that the Twins are motivated and will try to close out the Metrodome with a world series. I believe the Twins can grind out this series. However, I can see the fucking Yankees sweeping.

World Series prediction: Twins over Rockies in 7
WS MVP: Joe Mauer
ALCS MVP: Michael Cuddyer
NLCS MVP: Ubaldo Jimenez

No comments: